Sales Account Manager | San Mateo, California
BuildingIQ is a world leader at the intersection of energy efficiency, big data and the smart grid. Our unique building energy optimisation software platform delivers significant energy savings and peak load reduction in commercial buildings, improving their energy ratings, financial position and staff efficiency. Our technology is based on IP developed by leading scientists in Australia’s national research lab, and is deployed in a wide range of buildings across the US and Australia.
BuildingIQ is venture-backed, and the only building energy management company in the world backed by energy industry leaders (Siemens, Schneider Electric and Alstom). The Company has won numerous awards including Bloomberg’s Top 10 New Energy Pioneer 2013, Cleantech Group’s Global Top 100, and AlwaysOn Going Green Top 200.
BuildingIQ, a world leader at the intersection of energy efficiency, big data and the smart grid, is looking for an outstanding sales leader to join our growing team. As the Sales Account Manager for the West Region you will acquire and build the key relationships in the Western US to help BuildingIQ achieve its mission: to redefine the way energy is managed in the commercial building industry.
Required Capabilities/ Characteristics:
- Fantastic sales and sales management track record
- Experience with direct and channel sales management
- Great contacts in commercial building energy space – specifically senior level contacts (asset managers and sustainability managers) at commercial property firms, facilities management firms and energy services firms.
- Ability to sell solutions at executive level
- Ability to manage and create value from existing accounts
- Ability to manage and report sales pipeline activity
- Potential to scale into sales mgmt. as organization grows
- Interest and skills to contribute to defining ongoing sales processes/ systems as well as provide product input
- Entrepreneurial – can function in fast moving environment without lots of resources and support
- Lots of initiative and drive – ability to create and take advantage of their own opportunities
- Motivated by both financial incentives and doing something meaningful
- Travel locally and inter-state
- US residency
- Bachelor degree required
- Minimum 7-10 years of direct, high performance sales, sales management and/ or account management in the building energy, building controls or commercial building facilities management sectors
- Experience with consultative enterprise/solution or technical sales
- Experience in financial sales to C/ Exec levels in the building/facilities services market
- Experience in Utility Programs is a “plus”
- Track record of consistent quota achievement
- Ability to craft solutions with appropriate products and services meeting business goals based on client discussions
- Experience with proposing, presenting and discussing solutions with decision makers
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills
- Experience with sales tools such as SalesForce.com
- Prior work in a start environment, either in a new company or with a new product or division of a large company
- Previous experience in the enterprise software sector (in addition to industries above) a plus
If you seek a growth opportunity, we encourage you to apply by sending your CV to email@example.com.