DevOps Engineer, Full time, 2 year’s experience | San Mateo, California
As a Linux Development Operations Engineer at BuildingIQ, you’ll be working with a team of talented engineers responsible for design, configuration, optimization, documentation and support of the software product, cloud hosting infrastructure, services and components we deploy to our customers and partners.
You’ll be playing a role in turning IoT, machine learning, and distributed systems into Smart Buildings, thereby reducing energy consumption and potentially reducing worldwide human impact. You’ll be working collaboratively with colleagues across the company in Operations, Product, Sales, and Support to enable efforts to transform our customers’ buildings.
The BuildingIQ DevOps group is responsible for the design and implementation of the underlying infrastructure that supports both our development and operations teams. The ideal candidate for this position must be able to align with constant business changes: new requirements, evolving goals and strategies, emerging technologies and security landscape with repeatable processes in order to provide exceptional customer service to our customers.
To be happy and successful at BuildingIQ, you must be analytical, self-driven, and be able to work with a diverse group of individuals in a distributed, multi-national company. You must be someone who welcomes complex challenges, relishes the opportunity to collaborate on designing the solution, and is willing to do what it takes to get the job done as part of a team. You must be able to work effectively and flexibly in a dynamic business environment that includes remote and co-located teams and customers spread across time zones. Experience in the enterprise IT context is especially helpful.
- Competitive salary commensurate with skills and experience
- Health, Dental and Vision insurance
- 401k plan
- Ample PTO and paid company holidays
- Company Performance based bonuses
- Work closely with other BuildingIQ teams to gather requirements, design, plan, estimate, implement, build, update, and support multiple environments in both Linux and Windows, support operations, and fix operational issues.
- Develop integration solutions and automation tools for operation and development teams across BuildingIQ.
- Balance different priorities to create better solutions, leveraging open source or industry standard tools, augmented with personal code development.
- Develop reusable components, code and document custom automation frameworks, maintain scripts and update as needed.
- Anticipate, identify, mitigate, and resolve issues relating to client facing systems or services and application operation in conjunction with relevant teams.
- Participate in technical evaluation and selection process for improving performance, monitoring, gap analysis, predicting trends for system performance, capacity, efficiency, and reliability and recommend enhancements in order to better meet client SLAs and standards.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2+ years of IT experience
Required Skills and experience
- Friendly disposition and great sense of humour
- Love working with and helping people
- Linux is your core platform knowledge base but willing and keen to master windows
- Impeccable communication, organizational, and attention to detail skills
- Strong understanding of common networking concepts DNS, TCP/IP, DHCP
- Experience with virtual environments
- Passion for IT technology and delivery
- Ability to demonstrate consistent follow-through on assigned tasks
- US citizen or current resident with a valid US work visa
- Creative Organization
- Strong Management Team
- Well funded
- Solid Planning
- Excellent Execution
- Small team environment with the best and the brightest
- Help build something from the ground up
- Reward success (financially & career)
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Compensation and benefits will be based on experience and skills.
If you seek a growth opportunity, we encourage you to apply to email@example.com! Please include a cover letter that clearly demonstrates you satisfy all required skills and experience.