DevOps Engineer – Linux
Job Description | Location – San Francisco area, CA
BuildingIQ has been driving energy efficiency in an innovative and cost effective manner for the commercial building market across US and Australia through its ground breaking SaaS platform.
Due to recent growth into new global markets we have a position available for a DevOps Engineer within our team. Our DevOps team is responsible for maintaining a large virtual cloud environment together with a large on-site appliance network. We cover everything from provisioning, network design all the way through to system upgrade (both physical and virtual).
- Build and manage cloud server infrastructure
- Provision and trouble shoot on site equipment
- Handle production support issues as they arise
- Work with a team to automate management and orchestration tasks, streamline processes and perform standard administration functions as needed
- Monitor system performance, make recommendations to improve and implement system-wide changes to enhance overall system proficiency
- Monitor network availability and performance
- Assist in formulating security mechanisms to prevent, detect and respond to internal and external security threats
- Knowledge of and active participation in the Agile scrum process
What You Need for this Position:
- Be a self starter
- Ability to work as a part of distributed global team
- High level of competence with Linux environments
- Working knowledge of network fundamentals
- Experience in virtual environments (OpenStack preferred)
- 1 – 3 years as a system administrator
- Knowledge of Puppet automation
- Exposure to python, perl, ruby or other scripting language
- Understand server or network based security concepts
- Bachelor degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
- Creative Organization
- Work hard, play hard culture
- Small team environment with the best and the brightest
- Reward success
- Competitive salary + medical/dental/vision insurance
- Generous PTO
If you seek a growth opportunity, we encourage you to apply to email@example.com. Please include a cover letter that clearly demonstrates you satisfy all required skills and experience.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Your Right to Work – In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Keywords: Linux, System Administration, DevOps, Puppet, OpenStack