Would you like to work in a small, close-knit team where your talents, education and experience enable the roll-out of an industry leading energy optimization technology? Then Building IQ is where you need to be. Not only do we help companies reduce their impact on their environment, but we improve their bottom line by immediately lowering operating expenses for minimal capital investment. We are achieving this through the commercialization of innovative building optimization science developed in the Australian National Laboratories.
With successful implementations of our technology platform across the globe, we are rapidly growing within the Global market. As a result, we are urgently seeking energetic entrepreneurial and technically astute business professionals who will help us sell, deploy and operate our current building energy optimization technology platform within the United States, and also help us develop and deliver the next generation of solutions to the commercial building real estate market globally.
This is a Director of Client Solutions opportunity with a fast paced and fast growing entrepreneurial company. The successful candidate will be responsible for the field management of some of our largest customers, Third Party partners and Utility partners in Australia; from successful deployment of the BuildingIQ 5i technology platform to delivering proper client management and coordination through the ongoing operation of the technology. The successful candidate will combine their technical aptitude; practical building operations experience and rock solid interpersonal skills to deliver sustained solutions to clients that are unmatched in the building energy management industry.
Reporting to the VP of Global Operations, bring your initiative and professionalism to a company evolving the building automation industry where you can make your own mark on an exciting new venture!
- Build/maintain field customer relationships
- Project management of local system installation and configuration via BuildingIQ and 3rd party personnel
- Oversee customer onboarding/coordinate internal meetings to overcome obstacles toward completion
- Account, Program & Project Reviews: Regularly communicate with portfolio of customers and partners to maintain and increase engagement
- Proactively engage with key customer stakeholders to assess, clarify and validate the organization’s IT requirements
- Identify, scope and upsell opportunities to deliver incremental value to clients
- Assist Sales personnel with contract and program renewals as well as drive additional 5i product revenue
- Create and coordinate project documentation as needed i.e. user guides, test plans, presentations, process docs, etc.
- Coordinate/facilitate customer and partner meetings
- Day-to-Day Communications: Handle day-to-day requests, customer issues
- Assist in RFP/sales process as needed
- Identify 5i data, UI or processing issues and coordinate fixes with appropriate cross functional organizations
- Provide software training and product familiarization sessions
- Manage development escalation issues and tickets
- Sales Engineering support to Partner and BuildingIQ Sales personnel to speed delivery of new clients
- Management of client expectations and communications during the installation of the BuildingIQ technology platform
- Escalation point for delivery of sensitive client communications
- Discovery and documentation of client building infrastructure
- Building Management System (BMS) and Network analysis and configuration
- Remote configuration and connectivity of BuildingIQ Platform
- Support the continuous process improvement efforts within BuildingIQ
- Manage customer deployment escalations and negotiate resolutions
- Define and optimize BuildingIQ customer lifecycle processes and procedures during deployment including mapping the customer journey and identifying opportunities for improvement
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE (must be verifiable):
- 10+ years of Energy Engineering/Operations and/or Building Operations experience
- 10+ years of Field Deployment, Consulting, Building Controls Installation and/or Operations experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related engineering/business field or equivalent industry experience, advanced degree a plus
- Strong project and program management experience working with third parties, Partners and internal resources to achieve program deadlines and deliverables.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, being able to lead and manage technical staff
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong customer-facing skills and the ability to create and manage relationships at all levels of a customer organization
- Willingness to travel 25% – 50%
- Ability to maintain a high level of productivity, manage multiple competing priorities, and work effectively under the pressure of time constraints in a fast-paced, complex, collaborative, and creative environment
- Must be either an Australian Citizen or current resident with a valid Australian work visa.
KNOWLEDGE AND PROFICIENCY WITH THESE TECHNOLOGIES REQUIRED:
- Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel and Access
- Ticketing systems – Freshdesk, Jira, Salesforce, etc…
- Project management tools – Microsoft project, Smartsheets, etc…
- General computer networking
- BACnet and/or OPC communication protocols
DESIRABLE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Project & Program management/ task management processes and functions
- Business intelligence (BI) platforms such as Salesforce.com and Jasper Reports
- General knowledge of the function and operational requirements for building automation and control software
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Compensation and benefits will be based on experience and skills.
If you seek a growth opportunity, we encourage you to apply to firstname.lastname@example.org! Please include a cover letter that clearly demonstrates you satisfy all required skills and experience.