Field Integration Engineers | San Francisco; Denver or Chicago; New York, Washington DC, or Boston
Would you like to work in a small, close-knit team where your talents, education and experience enable the roll-out of an industry leading energy optimization technology? Then BuildingIQ is where you need to be. Not only do we help companies reduce their impact on the environment, but we improve their bottom line by immediately lowering operating expenses for minimal capital investment. We are achieving this through the commercialization of innovative building optimization science developed in the Australian National Laboratories.
With successful implementations of our technology platform across the globe, we are rapidly growing within the North American market. As a result, we are urgently seeking energetic entrepreneurial and technically astute business professionals who will help us sell, deploy and operate our current building energy optimization technology platform, and also help us develop and deliver the next generation of solutions to the commercial building real estate market globally.
This is a solid field opportunity with a fast paced and fast growing entrepreneurial company. The successful candidate will be responsible for guiding client accounts from sales through to deployment of the BuildingIQ technology platform in the field, ensuring on schedule and seamless deployment while managing both internal and third party resources. The successful candidate will combine their technical aptitude, practical project management, operational experience and rock solid interpersonal skills to deliver out of the gate value to clients.
Reporting to the Director of Global Integration Services, bring your initiative and professionalism to a company evolving the building automation industry where you can make your own mark on an exciting new venture!
- Direct ownership of BuildingIQ product implementations on customer sites. Manage the implementation, deployment and adoption of BuildingIQ within the customer’s environment
- Discovery and documentation of client building infrastructure
- Manage BuildingIQ system design to meet building requirements
- Project management of local system installation and configuration via BuildingIQ and 3rd party personnel
- Building Management System (BMS) and Network analysis
- Remote configuration and connectivity of BuildingIQ platform
- Support the continuous process improvement efforts within the Global Integration Services team
- Effectively navigate complex customer organizations to understand business drivers, organizational dynamics, and information systems and security needs
- Proactively engage with key customer stakeholders to assess, clarify and validate the organization’s IT requirements
- Manage customer deployment escalations and negotiate resolutions
- Define and optimize BuildingIQ customer lifecycle processes and procedures during deployment including mapping the customer journey and identifying opportunities for improvement
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE (must be verifiable):
- 2 – 5 years of Field Deployment, Consulting, Building Controls Installation and/or Operations experience
- Strong customer-facing skills and the ability to create and manage relationships at all levels of a customer organization
- Technical engineering degree required, Mechanical Engineering degree preferred
- Excellent project management, consultative, oral and written communication skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Work proactively while adhering to schedules in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to travel 20% – 40%
- Ability to maintain a high level of productivity, manage multiple competing priorities, and work effectively under the pressure of time constraints in a complex, collaborative, and creative environment
KNOWLEDGE AND PROFICIENCY WITH THESE TECHNOLOGIES REQUIRED:
- Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel, Project & Word
- General computer networking
- BACnet and/or OPC comms protocols
DESIRABLE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Project management/ task management systems
- Business intelligence (BI) platforms such as Salesforce.com and Jasper Reports
- General knowledge of the function and operation requirements for building automation and control software
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Compensation and benefits will be based on experience and skills.
- Creative Organization
- Strong Management Team
- Well funded
- Solid Planning
- Excellent Execution
- Small team environment with the best and the brightest
- Help build something from the ground up
- Reward success (financially & career)
If you seek a growth opportunity, we encourage you to apply to firstname.lastname@example.org! Please include a cover letter that clearly demonstrates you satisfy all required skills and experience.