Manager, Project Services – Buildingsense Operations | Sydney, Australia
Would you like to work in a small, close-knit team where your talents, education and experience enable the roll-out of an industry leading Building Automation System? Then Buildingsense Pty Ltd is where you need to be.
With successful implementations of our technology platform across the globe, we are rapidly growing within the Global market. As a result, we are urgently seeking energetic entrepreneurial and technically astute business professionals who will help us deploy and operate our current building technology platforms around the world, and also help us develop and deliver the next generation of solutions to the commercial building real estate market globally.
This is a Manager of Project Services opportunity with a fast paced and fast growing entrepreneurial company. The successful candidate will be responsible for Project Management, Delivery & Commissioning Systems for some of our largest customers & Third Party partners in Australia; from successful deployment of the Integrated Buildingsense- SAUTER & the BuildingIQ 5i platform to delivering proper client management and coordination through the implementation and ongoing operation of the technology. The successful candidate will combine their technical aptitude; practical building operations experience and rock solid interpersonal skills to deliver sustained solutions that are unmatched in the building energy management industry, to clients.
Reporting to the VP of Global Operations, bring your initiative and professionalism to a company evolving the building automation industry where you can make your own mark on an exciting new venture!
- Management of Buildingsense personnel in NSW to effectively deliver all projects on time and within budget. Position owns all directive aspects of Project/Program management including project timelines, budgets, contract margins by project and direct management of Buildingsense personnel.
- Hands on experience in the field, driving and project managing complex BMS and Mechanical-electrical implementations
- Familiarity with SAUTER BMS OR EQUIVALENT and related equipment a plus
- Project management of local system installation and configuration via 3rd party personnel
- Oversee customer onboarding/coordinate internal meetings to overcome obstacles toward completion
- Tertiary or trade qualifications in a related discipline (Mechanical, Electrical or Electronic)
- Restricted electrical license is a plus
- Working knowledge of contracting procedures and commercial realities.
- Working knowledge of HVAC systems, BMS and associated plant and building equipment
- Good exposure to the NSW region’s contractors and consultants
- Account, Program & Project Reviews: Regularly communicate with portfolio of customers and partners to maintain and increase engagement
- Identify, scope and upsell opportunities to deliver incremental value to clients
- Create and coordinate project documentation as needed i.e. user guides, test plans, presentations, process docs, etc.
- Coordinate/facilitate customer and partner meetings
- Day-to-Day Communications: Handle requests, customer issues
- Management of client expectations and communications during installation of the Integrated Buildingsense & BuildingIQ 5i platform
- Discovery and documentation of client building infrastructure
- Building Management System (BMS) and Network analysis and configuration
- Remote configuration and connectivity of BuildingIQ Commissioning & Fine tuning Platform
- Support the continuous process improvement efforts within Buildingsense and BuildingIQ
- Manage customer deployment escalations and negotiate resolutions
- Define and optimize Buildingsense and BuildingIQ customer lifecycle processes and procedures during deployment including mapping the customer journey and identifying opportunities for improvement
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE (must be verifiable):
- 3-7+ years of Project management, Energy Engineering/Operations and/or Building Operations experience
- 3-7+ years of Field Deployment, Consulting and/or Building Controls Installation
- Bachelor’s degree in related engineering/business field or equivalent industry experience, advanced degree a plus
- Strong project and program management experience working with third parties, Partners and internal resources to achieve program deadlines and deliverables.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, being able to lead and manage technical staff
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong customer-facing skills and the ability to create and manage relationships at all levels of a customer organization
- Willingness to travel 25% – 50%
- Ability to maintain a high level of productivity, manage multiple competing priorities, and work effectively under the pressure of time constraints in a fast-paced, complex, collaborative, and creative environment
KNOWLEDGE AND PROFICIENCY WITH THESE TECHNOLOGIES REQUIRED:
- Microsoft Office suite, particularly Word, Excel and Access
- Project management tools – Microsoft project, Smartsheets, etc…
- General computer networking
- BACnet and/or OPC communication protocols
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Compensation and benefits will be based on experience and skills.
If you seek a growth opportunity, we encourage you to apply to email@example.com! Please include a cover letter that clearly demonstrates you satisfy all required skills and experience.
Keywords: engineering, controls, BMS, energy engineer, energy
BUILDINGSENSE AUSTRALIA caters to delivering high quality turnkey solutions in Healthcare, Commercial, Retail, Aged Care Facility, Education, Hotels, Cultural establishment, Life Sciences, Public Buildings, K-12 Schools and Data Centres. Buildingsense Australia is an entity owned by BuildingIQ Inc. and its primary focus is to provide 100% satisfaction and Great Service to Customers in Australia. The current operations are delivered through the Perth and Sydney office. Buildingsense Australia acts as a primary distributor of SAUTER Control International.
OUR OFFERINGS ARE
- SAUTER BACnet Integrated Building Management Systems and Energy Management System
- SAUTER BACnet Room Automation System and Solutions for Room Climate and lighting shading
- Solution for Pharmaceutical, Clean Rooms, Life sciences and Healthcare • Solutions for Green Buildings
- GAMI – Modular AHU and FCU with Fitted Controls
- BuildingIQ – Predictive Energy Optimization
- PETTINAROLI – PICCV Valve assembly • Services and Support
For more information, please visit www.buildingsense.com.au
Founded in 2009, BuildingIQ (www.BuildingIQ.com) is a leading energy management software company with a mission to redefine the way energy is managed in commercial buildings. BuildingIQ’s unique, patent-pending Predictive Energy Optimization technology is predictive, economics-driven, automatic, and continuous. It is the foundation of a suite of intelligent energy applications which help building owners, managers and tenants reduce energy consumption, cost, and emissions. Applications include BuildingIQ, an adaptive supervisory control system; and DRIQ, which automates and optimizes demand response events.
BuildingIQ leverages over 25 man-years of building controls, modelling and comfort research carried out by its own research and development team and by experts at the Energy Division of the Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO), Australia’s national research organisation.
The company has been honored as Winner of the AIRAH Award for Excellence in Innovation, Tech23’s Greatest Potential Award, Red Herring’s Asia 100 Award and Environmental Design+Construction and Sustainable Facility’s Readers’ Choice Award.