Projects Manager – Electrical (Mechelec) and Controls – Buildingsense Operations | Perth, Australia
Would you like to work in a small, close-knit team where your talents, education, and experience enable the roll-out of an industry-leading Building Automation System? Then Buildingsense Pty Ltd is where you need to be.
This is a Project Manager opportunity with a fast-paced and fast-growing entrepreneurial company. The successful candidate will be responsible for Project Management, Delivery & Commissioning Systems for some of our largest customers & Third-Party partners in Australia; from successful deployment of the Controls and Mechelec.
Reporting to the VP of Global Operations, bring your initiative and professionalism to a company evolving the building automation industry where you can make your own mark on an exciting new venture!
- Management of Buildingsense projects in WA to effectively deliver all projects on time and within budget. Position owns all directive aspects of Project/Program management for their assigned projects including project timelines, budgets, contract margins by project and direct management of BuildingSense personnel.
- Hands-on experience in the field driving and Project managing complex BMS and Mechanical-electrical implementations
- Project management of local system installation and configuration via 3rd party personnel
- Oversee customer onboarding/coordinate internal meetings to overcome obstacles toward completion
- Tertiary or trade qualifications in a related discipline (Electrical or Electronic)
- Working knowledge of contracting procedures and commercial realities.
- Working knowledge of HVAC systems, BMS and associated plant and building equipment
- Good exposure to the WA region’s contractors and consultants
- Account, Program & Project Reviews: Regularly communicate with portfolio of customers and partners to maintain and increase engagement
- Identify, scope and upsell opportunities to deliver incremental value to clients
- Create and coordinate project documentation as needed i.e. user guides, test plans, presentations, process docs, etc.
- Coordinate/facilitate customer and partner meetings
- Day-to-Day Communications: Handle day-to-day requests, customer issues
- Management of client expectations and communications during installation of the Integrated Buildingsense & BuildingIQ 5i platform
- Discovery and documentation of client building infrastructure
- Manage customer deployment escalations and negotiate resolutions
- Sound knowledge in Electrical Systems, relevant compliance code and Western owner electrical guidelines.
- Experience in Form IV MSSB and, Motors wiring, VRV systems, DDC cabling and wiring.
- Should have capacity to manage multiple mechelec sub contractors.
- Should have capacity to manager profitably of projects and budget control.
- Should have working knowledge in Quality controls and ITP’s.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE (must be verifiable):
- 3-7+ years of Electrical Project management and Installation
- Trade Certification or engineering degree.
- Strong project and program management experience working with third parties, Partners and internal resources to achieve program deadlines and deliverables.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, being able to lead and manage technical staff
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong customer-facing skills and the ability to create and manage relationships at all levels of a customer organization
- Willingness to travel 25% – 50%
- Ability to maintain a high level of productivity, manage multiple competing priorities, and work effectively under the pressure of time constraints in a fast-paced, complex, collaborative, and creative environment
KNOWLEDGE AND PROFICIENCY WITH THESE TECHNOLOGIES REQUIRED:
- Microsoft Office suite, particularly Word, Excel and Access
- Project management tools – Microsoft project, Smartsheets, etc…
- General computer networking
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Compensation and benefits will be based on experience and skills.
If you seek a growth opportunity, we encourage you to apply to email@example.com! Please include a cover letter that clearly demonstrates you satisfy all required skills and experience.
Keywords: Electrical, engineering, controls
Buildingsense Australia caters to delivering high-quality turnkey solutions in Healthcare, Commercial, Retail, Aged Care Facility, Education, Hotels, Cultural establishment, Life Sciences, Public Buildings, K-12 Schools and Data Centres. Buildingsense Australia is an entity owned by BuildingIQ Inc. and its primary focus is to provide 100% satisfaction and Great Service to Customers in Australia. The current operations are delivered through the Perth and Sydney office. Buildingsense Australia acts as a primary distributor of SAUTER Control International.
SAUTER BACnet Integrated Building Management Systems and Energy Management System
- SAUTER BACnet Room Automation System and Solutions for Room Climate and lighting shading
- Solution for Pharmaceutical, Clean Rooms, Life sciences and Healthcare
- Solutions for Green Buildings
- GAMI – Modular AHU and FCU with Fitted Controls
- BuildingIQ – Predictive Energy Optimization
- PETTINAROLI – PICCV Valve assembly
- Services and Support
For more information, please visit www.buildingsense.com.au
Founded in 2009, BuildingIQ (www.BuildingIQ.com) is a leading energy management software company with a mission to redefine the way energy is managed in commercial buildings. BuildingIQ’s unique, patent-pending Predictive Energy Optimization technology is predictive, economics-driven, automatic, and continuous. It is the foundation of a suite of intelligent energy applications which help building owners, managers and tenants reduce energy consumption, cost, and emissions. Applications include BuildingIQ, an adaptive supervisory control system; and DRIQ, which automates and optimizes demand response events.
BuildingIQ leverages over 25 man-years of building controls, modelling and comfort research carried out by its own research and development team and by experts at the Energy Division of the Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO), Australia’s national research organisation.
The company has been honored as Winner of the AIRAH Award for Excellence in Innovation, Tech23’s Greatest Potential Award, Red Herring’s Asia 100 Award and Environmental Design+Construction and Sustainable Facility’s Readers’ Choice Award.