Full Stack Developer | Sydney, Australia
Do you have a passion for building highly scalable IoT platforms? Are you keen on working for an organization that is focused on building a platform that enables and supports the reduction of energy usage in our buildings today – making our environment cleaner and healthier. Do you have a wide variety of experience deploying services that are functional across all the major front-end technologies? We want you to work with a great team building a high level of quality into a distributed real-time software product serving sites across the globe 24 hours a day.
In Sydney a stellar international engineering team has formed within the company BuildingIQ, and has built software that is automatically managing the energy used within major buildings in the US, Australia and more recently Europe. Your experience in developing a team and product that suits a wide range of end-users (particularly those who prefer to wield a spanner rather than a mouse) and devices, will find a welcoming home here.
You’ll be working closely with product managers, operations and the other software team members building the platform that services and supports are clients and operator’s needs.
As a Full Stack Developer, you will be responsible for building and maintaining various parts of our platform. This will range from architecting and designing our microservices framework to front-end mobile applications both native and web based. You’ll be working with the rest of the development team to specify, design and build the complete user experience. Although your responsibilities will vary depending on needs, but primarily focused on backend systems and rest services that support our user interfaces,
Reporting to the VP of Engineering, bring your initiative and professionalism to a senior opportunity where you can make your own mark on an exciting new venture!
Job Location: Sydney, Australia
- Expanding on the existing frameworks and services implementing new products
- Design and architecture new microservices
- Design and architecture of security infrastructure
- Work with others to implement, design and support our mobile infrastructure and services
- Integration of 3rd party software to create a single consistent user interface
- Ensuring code quality through Test Driven Development, automated unit testing and integration testing frameworks
- Scalability design and performance enhancement
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE (must be verifiable):
- 5 – 10 yrs of software engineering experience
- Bachelor degree in computer science or equivalent
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Solid ability in writing testable software
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Work proactively while adhering to schedules in a fast-paced environment
- Experience writing automated tests
- Experience working for a commercial software company
- Must be either an Australian Citizen or current resident with a valid Australian work visa.
KNOWLEDGE AND PROFICIENCY WITH THESE TECHNOLOGIES REQUIRED:
- Software Architecture and frameworks – MicroServices, Spring, Hibernate, Apache,
- 5 – 10 yrs Java development experience
- 3 – 4 yrs Spring development experience, particularly in REST and Security
- Web development using one of the various Java-based technologies such as JSPs, RichFaces, GWT or similar
DESIRABLE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Build Tools: Maven, Jenkins
- C# and IIS
- PHP development
- Agile/Scrum development
- JasperReports or similar Reporting or BI tool integration
- JMeter testing for scalability and integration
- Experience working within a project management/ task management system like Rally or Jira
- Mobile application development on IOS and/or Android.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
You will also receive an attractive compensation package.
If you seek a growth opportunity, we encourage you to apply to email@example.com! Please include a cover letter that clearly demonstrates you satisfy all required skills and experience.