Junior Automation Test Engineer
Job Description | Sydney, Australia
Do you have the balance of testing and programming skills to make a great test engineer? Is breaking code as rewarding as writing code? Do you like having a large collection of software tools always within reach? With this role every challenge is an opportunity to flex some new programming skills.
In Sydney a stellar international engineering team has formed within the company BuildingIQ, and has built software that is automatically managing the energy used within major buildings in the US and Australia. But we need help to build a suite of automated tests to cover all levels of the system. Web based user interfaces, Mobile Native Apps, RESTful cloud-based services, site systems communicating with building management software. And, as an added bonus, you will be doing something meaningful for the greater good by helping reduce greenhouse gas emissions throughout the world!
You’ll be working closely with Product Management and Software Engineers building automated acceptance tests, continuous integration and advising on software design that puts testing first.
- Building automated tests that cover all the different systems
- Understanding the new feature from Product specification and writing test cases covering the test scenarios.
- Consulting with engineers to build more integration tests and acceptance tests
- Reviewing bug reports and building automated tests to reproduce the bug
- Reporting all bugs to development with details on the steps to reproduce and expected result
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE (must be verifiable):
- Bachelor degree in computer science
- Review and Analyze requirements/acceptance criteria. Create manual and automation test cases to ensure complete coverage.
- Experience writing selenium functional automation tests and understanding of automation framework.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
KNOWLEDGE AND PROFICIENCY WITH THESE TECHNOLOGIES REQUIRED:
- Web interface testing using any Selenium framework.
- Programming experience in any Object Oriented language (preferably Java).
- Linux/unix experience
DESIRABLE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Understanding and knowledge of SQL.
- Experience of native mobile apps testing (manual and automated).
- Experience using issue tracking system like Jira, Quality Center.
- Experience writing unit/integration tests.
- Experience working in an agile, dynamic iterative development environment
- Continuous integration using Jenkins, Hudson, Bamboo or similar
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
You will also receive an attractive compensation package.
If you seek a growth opportunity, we encourage you to email@example.com. Please include a cover letter that clearly demonstrates your fit with all required skills and experience.
Applicants must be an Australian citizen or current resident with a valid Australian work visa.
Please, no agencies.