Product Manager, Managed Services | USA
Would you like to work in a small, close-knit team where your talents, education and experience enable the rollout of an industry-leading building energy management platform? Then BuildingIQ is where you need to be. Our platform helps owners and operators of buildings in universities, hospitals and commercial spaces reduce their impact on the environment by lowering energy usage and costs and also improve operational efficiency and tenant comfort.
Job Location: San Mateo, CA
We are looking for a Product Manager to drive our managed services offerings to the market. The candidate will be responsible for working closely with our sales, client services and operations teams to define, develop and deploy technology-enabled services that complement the BuildingIQ applications. The position is unique and core to our key value proposition —we offer both the cloud-based predictive analytics platform and the services that complement the technology offerings to maximize value to our customers.
Reporting to the VP of Product, you will work alongside a global team of product managers, data scientists, engineers, client services, operations, and sales.
- Analyze current managed services offerings, productize services, and create new service offerings
- Create a short-, mid- and long-term strategy to drive managed services and maximize value delivered to customers through the BuildingIQ platform
- Work cross-functionally with sales, client services, operations, software product managers, and data science to define managed services scope, pricing and delivery options
- Develop deep understanding of current customers, market landscape, and develop strategies to position managed services as value-add and differentiator
- Analyze and document our operational and technology differentiators relative to competition
- Understand delivery cost structures and create pricing models
- Work with marketing to develop positioning, sales tools and customer-facing documents, such as Scope of Service descriptions
- Perform competitive analysis to set future direction of managed services
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE (must be verifiable):
- Bachelor’s degree in related engineering field or equivalent
- At least 4 years of product management, building services sales, building services account management or equivalent experience in Building management and services industry
- Experience in Building controls, systems integration, BMS deployments
- Knowledge of the energy efficiency market a plus
- Ability to work cross-functionally and lead through influence
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Experience in performing market research for a services or product line
- Experience defining and documenting product requirements for both technical and non-technical audiences
- Demonstrated ability to be both strategic and hands-on
- US citizen or current resident with a valid US work visa
- Experience with start-ups a plus
- Creative, energetic and self-driven
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Compensation and benefits will be based on experience and skills.
If you seek a growth opportunity, we encourage you to apply to firstname.lastname@example.org! Please include a cover letter that clearly demonstrates you satisfy all required skills and experience.