Senior DevOps | West Coast, US
Are you eager to be part of DevOps, with a mission to provide the most reliable, robust SaaS platform for the building energy sector? Are you passionate about Energy conservation and working on a product that makes a difference? Do you have a wide variety of experience maintaining services and software across a heterogeneous technology environment?
In the Bay Area a stellar international engineering team has formed within the company BuildingIQ, and has been deploying software that is driving energy efficiency in an innovative and cost effective manner for the commercial building market across the US and Australia. Your experience in developing an infrastructure foundation and processes that support a wide range of end-users (particularly those that would prefer to wield a spanner rather than a mouse) and devices, will find a welcoming home here.
You’ll be working closely with product managers, operations and software engineers designing, building and supporting a platform that simplifies and improves the energy consumption of one of today’s largest energy consumers – commercial building HVAC systems.
This Role is part of BuildingIQ’s infrastructure management team, which has responsibility for all operational IT systems throughout the Company. This is a fast paced position responsible for maintaining and enhancing our global cloud infrastructure for both internal and external software. This Includes linux services, Windows Services, and appliances. You will be working with Software engineers, Product managers and Building Operational staff to specify, implement and support a robust and scalability platform for the management of our Core optimization technology across the globe. You will be a key influence and resource on the daily operations and monitoring of our platform, the first port of call for issues and outages from the field related to infrastructure.
Reporting to the Infrastructure Manager you will bring your initiative and professionalism to a ground floor opportunity where you can make your own mark on an exciting new venture!
- Working to develop, maintain and continuously expand our distributed cloud based infrastructure and systems.
- Maintaining all core services and networks including deployment and administration of our cloud infrastructure
- Champion and evangelize our network security and infrastructure service uptime commitments.
- Working directly with development teams within BuildingIQ in a devops role to test, deploy, monitor and maintain services running on our production cloud. This will require an overlap of development and system administration skills.
- Install, troubleshoot and monitor our edge devices in the USA market – this includes windows, linux and raspberry PI systems.
- Recommend and implement – scalability, operational and performance enhancement to our infrastructure in a planned and seamless fashion.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE (must be verifiable):
- 7 – 10 yrs of system administration and/or IT infrastructure management in a cloud provider
- Strong Networking and IT security knowledge in technologies such as VLANs, firewalls, IP addressing, DNS and other related network technologies
- Experience in IIS and Windows Administration
- Experience with Apache, Postgress, J2EE,
- Experience working for a commercial software company.
- Git repository management/Build System management
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Work proactively while adhering to schedules in a fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor degree in computer science or equivalent
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Solid Shell scripting experience (sh/bash/powershell)
- US citizen or current resident with a valid US work visa
KNOWLEDGE AND PROFICIENCY WITH THESE TECHNOLOGIES REQUIRED:
- 5 – 10 years supporting distributed system platforms and multi-tenant hosted environments
- 5 – 10 years experience with network protocols, Firewalls, DNS, routing and administration
- 5 – 10 years Windows Sysadmin
- 3 – 5 years with puppet management
- 2 – 3 years Apache/Linux sysadmin
- 3 – 5 years OpenVPN and IP security tools
DESIRABLE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- PHP/Perl Scripting
- JasperReports or similar Reporting or BI tool integration
- MS Exchange
- C# and Java
- Web development skills
- Creative Organization
- Strong Management Team
- Well Funded
- Solid Planning
- Excellent Execution
- Work hard, play hard culture
- Small team environment with the best and the brightest
- Help build something from the ground up
- Reward success (financially & career)
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
You will also receive an attractive compensation package.
We encourage you to send your resume to hr@buildingIQ.com