Sr. Program Manager – Operations | San Mateo, CA
Would you like to work in a small, closed-knit team where your talents, education and experience enable the roll-out of an industry leading energy optimization technology? Then BuildingIQ is where you need to be. Not only do we help companies reduce their impact on their environment, but we improve their bottom line by immediately lowering operating expenses for minimal capital investment. We are achieving this through the commercialization of innovative building optimization science developed in the Australian National Laboratories.
With successful implementations of our technology platform across the globe, we are rapidly growing within the US market. As a result, we are urgently seeking energetic entrepreneurial and technically astute business professionals who will help us sell, deploy and operate our current building energy optimization technology platform within the United States, and also help us develop and deliver the next generation of solutions to the commercial building real estate market globally.
This is a Senior Customer Program Management opportunity with a fast paced and fast growing entrepreneurial company. The successful candidate will be responsible for the program management of some of our largest customers and Utility partners; from successful deployment of the BuildingIQ 5i technology platform to delivering proper client management and coordination through the ongoing operation of the technology. The successful candidate will combine their technical aptitude; practical building operations experience and rock solid interpersonal skills to deliver sustained solutions to clients that are unmatched in the building energy management industry.
Reporting to the VP of Global Operations, bring your initiative and professionalism to a company evolving the building automation industry where you can make your own mark on an exciting new venture!
- Build/maintain major utility customer relationships
- Oversee customer onboarding/coordinate internal meetings to overcome obstacles toward completion
- Identify 5i data, UI or processing issues and coordinate fixes with appropriate cross functional organizations
- Day-to-Day Communications: Handle day-to-day requests, customer issues
- Assist in RFP/sales process as needed
- Provide software training and product familiarization sessions
- Create and coordinate project documentation i.e. user guides, test plans, presentations, process docs, etc.
- Coordinate/facilitate customer and partner meetings
- Change management (platform migrations, building deployment scope changes, etc.)
- Manage development escalation issues and tickets
- Update project management schedules
- Account Reviews: Regularly communicate with portfolio of customers to maintain and increase engagement
- Create or coordinate product platform dashboards for new customers
- Translate customer requirements to software development team for new features/product improvements
- Coordinate/conduct software and new product testing
- Sales Engineering support to Utility and BuildingIQ Sales personnel to speed delivery of new clients
- Management of client expectations and communications during project to install the BuildingIQ technology platform
- Delivery of performance reports and analysis to clients
- Escalation point for delivery of sensitive client communications
- Identify, scope and upsell opportunities to deliver incremental value to clients
- Assist Sales personnel with contract and program renewals
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE (must be verifiable):
- +3 years of Energy Engineering/Operation and/or Building Operations experience
- +3 years Program/Project Management experience, preferably in the building construction or services industry
- Bachelors degree in related engineering/business field or equivalent industry experience
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, being able to lead and manage technical staff
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Work proactively while adhering to schedules in a fast-paced environment
- US citizen or current resident with a valid US work visa.
KNOWLEDGE AND PROFICIENCY WITH THESE TECHNOLOGIES REQUIRED:
- Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel and Access
- Ticketing systems – Freshdesk, Jira, Salesforce, etc…
- Project management tools – Microsoft project, Smartsheets, etc…
DESIRABLE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Project management/ task management processes and functions
- Business intelligence (BI) platforms such as Salesforce.com and Jasper Reports
- General knowledge of the function and operational requirements for building automation and control software
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Compensation and benefits will be based on experience and skills.
If you seek a growth opportunity, we encourage you to apply to email@example.com! Please include a cover letter that clearly demonstrates you satisfy all required skills and experience.